Thursday 28 August 2014

2014 Morocco, Atlas mountain, Aghbalou


We met another town to meet another couchhost. We met him and rode to his house. It was big and his mother was there. She had a tattoo on her chin. She looked very European.



The couchhost was called Driss and he wanted to take us to a beautiful place.
In the beautiful place, there was streams and pretty palm tress were at the side. Some people were farming and the soil were very rich. There was also massive beetles that we were scared with.
I went on the side and we played around. There was a side I tried to get across like this.




Unfortunately, I grabbed a loose chunk of soil and it crumpled as I fell down. Luckily, I landed the right way so I didn't really hurt my feet. Dad carried me a bit but I wanted to walk. Some friends were around. My feet ached.



We saw some crumbly old houses and they wanted to go in. But I didn't because my heels ached so much.
I waited on a rock. Finally, they came down and we went home to rest.
There, we had a tajine.

After that, we got ready to sleep.





Next day

The next morning, we got into the car and drove to the countryside. There, some friends were there and there was a stream, where you could drink water, straight from it.



We had a tajine pot and we washed all the veggies we had bought and put in the goat meat we had also bought. There was a long tunnel of water that we went in.
It was all dark.
I got that trapped feeling so I went out again.

 

We went to a garden and picked some beans, then we went to another village and saw a girl who looked like Evelyn. We took a photo. It was very amazing.



It was very hot and went under the rocks where there was some stream and we ate oranges.
I found out that one friend was a professional marathon runner. He showed us a photo on his mobile, lots of trophies and medals.
We drove back and the tajine was nearly ready.

It smelt nice...

Finally, the tajine was ready and we all sat around it on rocks and ate.
The veg was delicious and the goat meat was sizzling fantastic.



After we had eaten we played around a bit, climbing on rocks, going bare feet, making boats and floating them(cans).

What a day!

We had a long drive to another town. There we stayed in a hotel where we were only going to stay for one night. When we had put our stuff away, the manager told us a restaurant we could go to. The restaurant was very busy and we waited having the comfort of our books and cats.
Finally, the food came. It was a bowl of chips and different kind of meats. Dad tried my bit of meat and he said it was delicious.



When we got back to the hotel, I read a bit of Horrible Geography then went to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, looking forward to next instalment. (That other girl really did look like Evelyn)

    ReplyDelete