Wednesday 5 November 2014

'My Encounter with a Wild Animal'

The scorching sun reached through my shirt and pinched my sunburnt skin.
Although I had a good supply of water, my tongue was starting to transform into a dried leech.
Lazily, I scanned the wobbly strip of the horizon..
Wait, what was that approaching me?
The silhouette came into view.
It had grey, winkled skin, big leathery ears and a curling trunk that dropped through two, brutal looking tusks. Uh-oh.
The bull elephant charged forward, dusts and particles showering everything behind it.
Hoping, I would have a bit more time to escape, I tossed my backpack about twelve feet beside me that skidded on the golden floor.
Fortunately, the bull elephant charged towards it, trampling on it until it was flattened and pierced, it unmercifully with its huge, yellow tusks.
"That could've been me." I thought.
I was not fifty metres away from the grey monster and I was panting and very thirsty.
But to my extreme luck, a vehicle with tourists inside it, was rolling towards me. Phew!
With my last glimmer of strength, I leapt into the car and shouted at the top of my lungs and yelled that the elephant was chasing us.
Tourists screamed when they saw the elephant charging towards us at immense speed.
"Drive!" I shouted.
The little car started driving, then soon we were going at a hundred miles per hour. 
The bull elephant thundered closer and closer...red dust and plants blanketed us.
When we cleared ourselves, I looked for the elephant. It was gone.
We had made it alive and well!




No comments:

Post a Comment