Tuesday 19 November 2013

Bird Market, Yogyakarta

When we landed, Mum said we were going to do couchsurfing at a place where someone lived.
Couchsurfing is to sleep or visit someone's home.
First, we got a bumpy ride to the bus stop where we were going to meet Siti.
Gradually, she came.



She was on the motorbikes!

Me, Ellie and Mum got on the bikes while Dad waited to go on the motorbike. that would come back.




It didn't take a long time.

The house was massive!
It even had a mini fish pond inside!
We had separate rooms from my parents' snoring.

Let's hurry this up. There was a little girl called Aurora!
She was four, I think.
Her dad was called Marteen.
It was 6.30 so we went to bed.

Bird Market


The next morning, we headed for the bird market.
Siti said that they sell animals there.
Finally, we were there.
At first, we saw tanks of fish.

Some looked really weird!
Then we moved to next step.
There were so many cages of birds! Poor birds!
They had only tiny cages!

We saw some really pretty birds. Gulp.

I was at the puppy section.
Tears fell out of my eyes a bit.
They were in tiny cages!

I really wanted to cry!
I felt like buying all of them!
The were all puppies, spending their life in a small cage.
I already chose a dog I really wanted.

He was whimpering so much that I couldn't bear it!




Eventually, I managed to pull away from them. Sob!



Gradually, we looked around a bit more and left.


At Siti's house, we mucked about a bit till Siti said we were going to a restaurant.
The food was really yummy there!
I ate spaghetti bolognese.

I got so tired that I went to sleep.

Horrible Chicken Market

The next morning, when we all got up, we headed towards the horrible chicken market.
We were thinking about buying some chicken to eat.
Guess why I'm calling the chicken market 'horrible'.
Well, when we got there, they didn't just sell chicken, but veg and lamb chop too.
You would think it like all the meat is nicely chopped up and is in lovely packages.
But what I saw is horrible.
When we walked through the market, I saw chicken legs that has been chopped off, plus the head.
They looked freaky because they had been plucked.
Also, I saw two sheep heads without tray of their organs. Ugh!

Finally, we reached the end of the market. Then I found a warung and ate a lot of things like chicken, egg, rice and fish.
After that we headed back to Siti's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment