Friday 22 November 2013

Nelson, Wellington, Rotorua NZ

Nelson time with Prue

We had to go early and it didn't take long to get to Nelson. But I recognised one toy shop called 'Toyworld'!
We finally reached Prue's house. I wasn't shy any more but Ellie was.
She took us in her house and showed us our rooms. It was luckily separate room again. 
They had a TV too.
They had the dog, Rusty, and a scaredy cat that was black.
I did see the cat outside. It was nearly dark so we had to sleep.
I was whimpering to Ellie while the night though because we were wondering where we were going.

Steve



We decided to go to Steve's house, Dad's oldest friend since five years old. He had two dogs. One called Sam and one calledd Mal. While we got used to them, I played with mal ball and Ellie was lying on Sam. I had to hold his slobbered ball and watch the saliva spitting from the ball.
After a while, Steve's son came and Steve said if he could take us to his old school. So he took us to the playground and I saw a slide and a wire climbing thing and a zip wire too! They even had a pond!
We straightaway went to the playground and started playing but the boy was playing tennis instead.
Finally, we walked back home but halfway through, Dad came along in Steve's car and said if we could have a ride.
We went in and saw the dogs in the back and sat with them.
After watching TV and playing with Mal, we went back to Prue's and had a BBQ, bush BBQ.
I liked the food really much!



Wellington
We then had to say goodbye to Prue and go to Wellington and meet Jolene, our half sister.
When we went there we saw a black kitten that Jo's daughter got for her birthday.
They had an old dog that they found somewhere near the street.

Anyway, the daughter of Jo was called Lucy. She also had a son called Brodey. Well, they didn't have any room for us to sleep in so we had to find a motel.
When we found a motel, we put our bags in and there was separated rooms. We went back to Jo's and they said we were going to a beach.
So we got in the car and started going....

When we got there we got hungry. So we saw a table and ate there. We gave some bread to the fish at the river next to it and then we decided to go to the sand dune.
We had bare feet through the forest!
It was hard work coming up the sand dune than coming down, cos the sand dune was made of sand.
We had to run and jump down the sand dune. It was for rolling down the dune too except for getting sand in your eyes and mouth.


But it was going to get dark so we headed to the beach.
Over there Dad showed a special kind of rock.
He said it was a volcanic rock. It was full of air so it floated on water!
You could also carve it out with a shell!
Dad made a skull with on and I did too.
And Dad covered the eyes with ash so it looked like dark holes.

When I finished it I showed Mum.
Mum thought it was quite creepy because mine was smiling. I told Mum to keep it safe so I could show it to my teacher and friends.
She put it in her bag while I was watching Brodey and his dad playing swords! Soon it was getting dark and we had to go back.


Rotorua 
"This is going to be the last day of New Zealand!"
I cried to Ellie. Mum said we were going to volcano ponds and holes with steam coming out.
(I am actually going to go to the but when we saw the first pond now.)

The volcano pond was amazing. It had lots of steam and bubbles in the boiling water and it had orange stuff in it like this one.



Sometimes we had to cross really low bridges across lakes of boiling water!
But I warn you! If you go there it will be warm but smelling like rotten egg!


I always had my nose pinched white I was walking, looking, resting and talking! That's how bad it is.
Now this was the last worst looking, worst smelling , and worst name that was the Devil's Bath.
This is what it looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment