Thursday 21 November 2013

Queenstown, Franz Josef Glacier, Milford Sound



Queenstown

Whoo! We are here at last!
When the car stopped, I opened the door and jumped out.
I could smell the full air and I could see hot dog shops, sweet shops and chip shops!

I loved this place!
I begged Dad if we could stay here for the night and Dad said we were sleeping her for the night. Yipee!
We all had to go and find the hotel we booked.
Later on, when we had found our place, after we put our luggage in the room, I just wanted to  say that the beds were like dungeon beds. All metal made, but a nice mattress.
Also there was a TV, but it was rubbish.
Anyway, I said if we could have a walk and have fish and chips. Dad and everyone agreed to go.
So we asked a shopkeeper if he could tell us where to go.
At last, we got to the fish and chip shop and I bought a hot dog, chips, Ellie, fish and chips with cream soda, fizzy drink.
Dad shared with Mum who had only chips with some special cream.
A few minutes later, we saw seagulls and ducks coming towards us.
I know they were hungry so I gave them one chip.

There was violent games of ducks. It was called 'fight and bred!'



Oh my god! There were a hundred ducks and seagulls all together so we had to chase them away.
There were ones that came from the lake in front of us.



Mum said to stop feeding the ducks and seagulls cos it was our food. So I ate the rest and told Dad what we were going to do and where we were going to on the next journey.
He said that we were going to Nelson!
I was quite shocked to hear the place where I was born was Nelson! But I was excited!

Dad said we were going to meet Prue, Dad's youngest sister. Dad described what she looked like.

Anyway, that's later so let's talk about now.
Mum said we had to find a new car for the journey to Nelson.
I was wondering why we had to go in a car.
I always was sick in cars so I hate cars(Only driving the car is fun!).
I told Dad why we couldn't go on plane and he said it was too dear for him.
I was fed up about car, car, cars.

We all had to go to this car borrowing place thing to borrow a car.
It took quite a while to see which car we could afford.
Finally they said they were going to get this ugly kind of car(I knew that because I saw the picture of it).
Me and Ellie didn't want that car. We wanted that big jeep car that would be brilliant for a journey.

Anyway, we had to borrow it. Well, we were in the car to a hotel. We finally found a hotel and our bags in while Dad was paying.
Then we heard Dad, while we were outside the door wondering how to get it.
When Dad came, he said you had o have a card for it to open.
Well, now we knew how.
So, we went in the room and read books.
Later on, I looked out the window to see that it was gatting dark.
Mum said we had to go to sleep now and I agreed....

Start of the Journey

Well, when I woke up, I saw Dad waiting for us to wake up. He saw me and said if I was hungry. I said I was starving but I saw Ellie waking up too.
So I asked her the same question. She said yes, so we told Mum if she wanted to stay or not.
She wanted to stay so we went to find 'M'.

Well, me and Ellie were playing our made up game.
You had to swing your leg over the poles at the side of the road. There weren't much people around so it was quite quiet. I saw a word in the distance and said we found 'M', so we quickly got there and went inside and found a seat.
I told Dad I wanted a burger and some chips and Ellie wanted chicken.
It didn't take long for our breakfast to come.
But while they were making it, we were talking about our trip. I said to Dad if someone gets sick then we have to stop driving cars and go on plane or bus or train or even caravan and campervan! Dad said we might get a campervan near Nelson. I was really excited to go there now!
It was going to take a long time there. So I didn't worry about it.
Dad asked if we were finished.Everyone said we were finished.
We went out of the restaurant and went back to our hotel.
As we went in, we saw Mum watching TV. I asked if we were having our trip today. Luckily, Mum said we were going today! So we dressed up and took our bags in the boot of our car(Actually, Dad did it on his own while we were in the room).
After a while we went downstairs to see our car. Whoah!
The car was so cool.
But when we went inside, it was fantastic!
Ellie and me were really glad to have a good car.
But we got used o it.


We were driving for about 5 hours altogether from stopping at the lake and stopping at the lake,
It was really cool when we got to the lake.
Ellie event put herself in the water halfway!
But I climbed up the tree. We didn't stop for long though. 




Then we drove up to the amazing glacier.
The most amazing ice block I ever seen.
It was ages for is to get there.
I said that it wasn't a long way at first, but I reaised it was super far.

It took 1/2 hour to get there, but when we got there we saw this huge pie of gravels for people to come up and see the glacier from above!




I wanted to go up too, but I was bursting for toilet but I ignored it!


I said if I could go up with Dad.
Dad said yes, but even said "Are you sure?". 
I said I was sure so we started to climb up.
Mum said that they were going to walk back to the car.
As we were going, groups of people were coming down.
One of them said to be careful.
Dad said it was alright.
So we carried on till we were at the top.
Finally, we found ourselves on the top!
We saw the great glacier from above so big and tall.

Dad looked up in the sky and saw it was nearly night. So we started heading back down.
As we were going down, I found some clear white rock to show Mum and Ellie.
I but remembered I needed the loo, so I told Dad if I could do it behind a rock.He gave me some toilet paper too.
After I finished, we carried on to the car. While we were going we saw some cool rocks with strips and circles in them.
Dad took a photo of it but said we had to go quickly because it was getting dark.
After a while, we ended up in the car.
We drove to a hotel and made Dad say it was like a cheese factory. Mum agreed.

We paid for our room and looked. I was happy because it had separate rooms and I would sleep in one room and the rest could sleep in the other!
Mum gave a sandwich she saved from the cafe.
I said thanks and Mum said it was nearly bed time.
So I brushed my teeth but said if I could see one more TV and she said yes.
I watched something scary called 'I shouldn't have been alive' and then slept.


The Ferry Journey(Milford Sound)
The next day, Dad said we were going on a ferry trip to see seals and waterfalls. We went to stay with Jo for a few hours and started heading for the ferry boat.
The boat wasn't that big though because it was this Jucy rental kind.


Later on, we ended up in the boat and saw waterfall.
It's mountains and we even saw small seals!


This is a picture of the lake that leads to the ocean.





It didn't take long to meet the seals who were really adorable. One of the seals was on a rock drying itself out.
Another one came with fish in its mouth!
The announcement came and said "They aren't very big seals but at least we saw one."

1 comment: